Membership Has Its Privileges
Owning and operating a business can be very rewarding, but at times it feels like performing a high wire act – without a net! Apart from your spouse, there's often no one else to talk to about the ups and downs of running your business. And there's little advice and support you can count on to help you manage your business, either. The Sauble Beach Chamber of Commerce offers a variety of services to help you manage your business more effectively and more profitably. Chamber members are independent business owners just like you, some offering competitive products and services, but all operating within the same market, experiencing similar economic conditions, and sharing the same
Like any industry, tourism is extremely competitive and becoming more so with each passing year. The high Canadian dollar, rising gasoline prices, continuing economic uncertainty and deeply discounted travel offerings in Canada and abroad threaten to siphon tourists away from our community. The Sauble Beach Chamber of Commerce is aggressively fighting these forces by developing professional marketing materials to encourage short and long-term visits to Sauble Beach. The ultimate goal is to diversify our economy, attract new visitors and new money, increase the tax base, provide more jobs, and promote civic pride. The results to date have been encouraging, including hundreds of thousands of dollars in government grants, national awards, and millions of dollars in new tourism revenue.
A Collective Voice
Membership in the Sauble Beach Chamber of Commerce adds your voice to those of other businesses to form a strong collective on issues of concern with all levels of government – especially municipal leaders. The Chamber actively solicits your input on the issues that matter the most to you. Via its various boards and committees, the Chamber formulates plans and events to represent your views and ensure Sauble Beach remains a strong and vital community for businesses and residents alike. As the Chamber grows and represents a larger percentage of businesses, so too does our negotiating strength.
It's better to be part of a group! Chamber members receive access to group rates that normally would not be offered to independent businesses, such as:
* Merchant Services – get special low rates on Visa, Mastercard and Interac transactions potentially worth savings of hundreds of dollars a year. Click here for more information on TD Merchant Services and click here for more information about TD Payment Processing.
Esso Business Card program – receive a 3.5 cent per litre discount. If you fill up your 50L tank just once a week, you could save $90 a year, and probably a lot more. Visit http://www.essofleetoffers.com/CHAMBER/ to learn more.
* Health Insurance – get extended health care for your family and your employees and save on dental, vision and drug costs. Choose from an extensive range of plans designed to suit anyone's budget and needs from reliable companies. For more information contact the Chamber Group Insurance Plan at 1-800-665-3365 or www.buychambers.ca.
The Chamber undertakes a variety of marketing initiatives throughout the year.
* SaubleBeach.com – attracting over 250,000 unique visitors annually, the website prominently features Chamber members and informs visitors about where they can stay, shop or eat while at Sauble Beach. The site also provides information about local events, themed suggestions about what to do, and helpful municipal information. More features will be added in the future to help your business.
* Social Media – the Chamber operates several social media sites and has become an element in all of our advertising online and off. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are our 3 main sites. As of March 2014, we have over 10,000 followers on Facebook alone. Please visit at www.facebook.com/SaubleBeachON. We also have close to 1,000 followers on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SaubleBeachON.
* Festivals & Events – the Chamber organizes and finances activities such as Canada Day fireworks, Sandfest, Winterfest, street dances, family movie nights, lobster dinners, car shows, music festivals, volleyball tournaments and more to enhance Sauble Beach's natural attractions and provide even more reasons for tourists to visit and support your business.
* Tourist Info Centre – the Chamber manages the Info Centre to provide assistance to visitors. Businesses are encouraged to leave brochures or business cards for tourists and staff.
* Advertising – the Chamber produces the monthly Sauble Bulletin newspaper and an annual Tourist Map to provide tourists and residents with information about the community and local businesses. Both publications are distributed free of charge throughout the area and on the website. Members receive a 10% discount.
* Other Organizations - Representatives of the Chamber regularly attend meetings and are a vital part in the direction of Sauble Beach initiatives. Such organizations we're involved with include Spruce The Bruce, Explore The Bruce, Festivals & Events Ontario and Town of South Bruce Peninsula planning and economic development offices.
|Service Clubs, Churches, Non-Profit and Home-Based Businesses||$175|
|Secondary Membership/Multiple Store-Front (same owner)||$125|
|Associate Membership – previous long-standing Chamber members||$25|
To Become A Member
|- Business name|
|- Contact name|
|- Business address|
|- Phone number|
|- Email address|
|- 40 word business description (for website listing)|
2. Pay your membership fee below using Paypal (13% HST will automatically be added)
Alternatively, you can download the Chamber Membership Form and fax the enclosed registration form to (519) 422-3198.